While encountering poison ivy can spoil your outdoor adventures, knowing how to treat and manage its symptoms can minimize discomfort. This brief overview will give you basic knowledge of poison ivy rash treatment.
Poison ivy rash treatment
A poison ivy rash arises due to an allergic reaction to a compound called urushiol, present in the poison ivy plant. Upon skin contact, urushiol triggers and immune response that leads to redness, itching, swelling, and blisters. The severity and duration of symptoms vary from person to person, typically appearing within 12-48 hours of exposure and lasting up to 3 weeks.
If you’ve come into contact with poison ivy, wash the affected area immediately. If the symptoms started appearing, use a cold compress, topical treatments, oral antihistamines, and avoid scratching.
CANhaveTODAY’s products may help with the relief of poison ivy rash symptoms! Read our blog to learn more.