So, you might be wondering, “What is so great about CANhaveTODAY products? Are the ingredients really all natural?”.
All of our products are cruelty-free, 100% natural, and they actually work. At CANhaveTODAY we want to be transparent about what you’re putting on your skin. So, as Cassandra Bankson, Medical Aesthetician (1), would say, let’s “turn and learn” the ingredients in each of our products.
Table des matières
Vegan and Cruelty-Free Ingredients
First off, we want to emphasize that our products are cruelty-free (never tested on animals), and vegan, meaning that each of the ingredients is free from animal products. Although there are some base ingredients that can be derived from animals or plants, we chose only the plant-based compounds for our products.
100% Natural Ingredients
All of our products are also 100% natural. This is important to us at CANhaveTODAY because we want to use only the cleanest and most effective ingredients.
Our products are FDA and Health Canada approved and are not tested on animals because there are no harmful synthetics, chemicals, or derivatives in any of our products! This means they’re safe for sensitive skin!
What are our Natural Skincare Products Made With?
Like all other skincare and beauty products, ours contain a number of base ingredients. These ingredients preserve, emulsify (combine ingredients that don’t mix easily), improve product texture, and create a creamy product consistency. Our products have these same basic compounds, all made with natural ingredients. Our three salves, Brume des eaux, Mastodonte apaisant, et Légendes de guérison, and our moisturizer, Pluie scintillante, consist of natural, vegan, and cruelty-free base ingredients.
What These Ingredients Do
- Deionized Water gives lotions and creams a soft, smooth texture, and helps hydrate the skin (2).
- Emulsifying wax NF contributes to product consistency in lotions and creams. It also acts as an emulsifier (combines oil- and water-based ingredients). It is vegetable-derived, too (3).
- Sodium borate is an emulsifying mineral that occurs naturally in plants, animals, soil, and rocks. Sodium borate also acts as a preservative since it has antibactérien properties. Unlike other base ingredients it also combats inflammation (4,5).
- Phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol (optiphen) is a natural liquid preservative, free from carcinogens et parabens. It’s antimicrobien, so it prevents bacteria growth both in the product and on the skin. It’s also a humectant (moisturizing ingredient that attracts water into the skin) (6, 7, 8, 9).
- Caprylic/capric triglyceride is a natural preservative that also acts as an emollient and breaks down compounds and binds them together. It soothes skin and neutralizes toxins (10).
- Glycerin is a humectant, pulling water from the atmosphere into the product in your skin.
- Stearic acid is an emollient (moisturizes skin) and emulsifier. It enhances skin texture, reduces water loss from the skin, and promotes a healthy skin barrier (11).
- Glyceryl stearate is an emollient and emulsifier that aids in resurfacing and hydrating the skin (12).
- Cetyl alcohol is an emulsifier that prevents ingredients in creams from separating.
- Cyclopentasiloxane is an emollient that affects product consistency, giving creams a smooth texture. It also contributes to forming the protective barrier on the skin (13).
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) is a powerful antioxydant, protecting the skin from pollution and improving the skin’s appearance by reducing hyperpigmentation (14).
Our products contain a variety of essential oils that reduce inflammation, redness, dryness, infection, acne, fungal outbreaks, and so much more!
A number of these essential oils are common throughout our products. Why? Because they pack a punch when grouped together, ensuring that all our products are effective and benefit the skin.
Stay tuned for next week’s article Essential Oils in Natural Skincare to read about the essential oils used in each of our products, and how they keep your skin soft, smooth, and strong.
We hope this article provides you with some insight and clarity on our cruelty free, vegan, and 100% natural skincare products. Our products at CANhaveTODAY are a unique blend of essential oils, designed to soothe the skin and provide long-lasting relief so you can get back to being you.
- Cassandra Bankson | Beauty is more than skin deep
- 4 Benefits of Deionised Water – Rock Candy Beauty
- Emulsifying Wax NF – Humblebee & Me (humblebeeandme.com)
- Sodium Borate – Cosmetics Info
- Is Borax Safe for Your Skin? Here’s Everything You Need to Know – Be Beautiful | Be Beautiful India
- Optiphen Preservative: Natural Preservative for Cosmetics | Nature’s Garden (naturesgardencandles.com)
- Preservatives in Natural Products: Phenoxyethanol | Nature’s Pulchritude (wordpress.com)
- Phenoxyethanol in Cosmetics: Is it Safe? (healthline.com)
- What’s Caprylyl Glycol? Uses, Safety, and More (healthline.com)
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride:Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More (healthline.com)
- stearic acid | Paula’s Choice (paulaschoice.com)
- glyceryl stearate | Paula’s Choice (paulaschoice.com)
- Cyclopentasiloxane Is Found in Many of Your Skincare Products—Derms Explain Why (byrdie.com)
- tocopherol | Paula’s Choice (paulaschoice.com)
All CANhaveTODAY products are 100% natural and cruelty-free! Our ingredients are essential oils, plant extracts, and plant-derived.
First things first, get your children tested for allergies to determine if they are allergic to any of our ingredients. You must avoid applying essential oil-based to children 9 years and below, especially those 3 years and below. Children have sensitive skin. Make sure to perform a patch test and start small when trying out essential oil products on your child’s skin.